Vino Rocca Monaldeschi
RoccaMonaldeschi is obtained by the combination of Shiraz and Montepulciano grapes, harvested by hand in 15 kg cases in the second and third weeks of September and in the first ten days of October.
The bunches are carefully selected before destemming, the fermentation takes place in steel thermo-controlled winemakers and then aged for 6 months in bottles before being put on the market.
The colour is ruby red with bright tinges, aroma of fruit that reminds you of black cherries, redcurrants and figs. It's a structured wine with a rich perfume, tannins with a good acidity and all the components perfectly balanced.
- Grapes:Montepulciano + Shiraz
- Plants age:4 years
- Training system:Guyot
- Production area:the hills of Castiglione in Teverina municipality
- Altitude:200 mt/absl
- Resting area:hills
- Yield per vince:0,9 - 1 kg
- Vintage period:from the second and third week of September and before October
- Vinification:destemming, alcholic fermentation, short maceration at the end of fermentation.
- Ageing: in barrels of French oak for 18 months.