In the sixties the Sganappa family purchased the “PodereBottaccio”, an 8 hectare site that sprawls over the hills of Castiglione in Teverina (VT), putting the land to full use, comprising a working farm with animals, olive trees, vineyards, fruit plantations and vegetable gardens.
The estate is composed by a main farmhouse which has been converted as home and cellar, gear warehouse, an ancient mill and wine distillery. In 2006 Claudio and Silvano, friends and partners forever, had the idea to create a high quality wine.
Therefore, they begun by eradicating the old grape-vines and replanting new ones on a plot of 2 hectares, renovating the ruined ancient mill (1400 A.D.) and restoring it back to its ancient beauty, incorporating more sophisticated systems and more modern equipment. Moreover, they created two environments for appreciation and tasting of the products.